Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What a Ride!

It's been an incredible six-seven months now since residency started. While I still feel vast areas of knowledge gappage in this brain of mine, I must admit that there are times when I actually feel like I got the hang of things. Granted, there are many more times that feel the need to phone-a-friend, but it's refreshing to feel like I can contribute something and that my four years of med school weren't a complete waste of time. It's crazy how the learning curve never really slows down, in fact it accelerates. It's feels great when a med student asks me a medical question and the answer starts pouring out sometimes before I even completely realize what's happening. It feels great to know something well enough to feel comfortable enough to teach it to someone else. I think I'm starting to pull my chin up out of the water-line a little bit more and tread water. It's a wonderful feeling. While there's so much more to learn and I'm not even close to being done learning (in fact, every day feels like a fresh start), I'm enjoying the ride and trying my hardest to make time for my family-- the greatest blessing in my life right now, they keep me sane! Thank you Michelle! Friday, we celebrate our 5th anniversary, I can't believe it's been that long. She's such a delight. She's my most tangible constant in this crazy hectic masacistic work schedule that I have. And my kids are such sweet angels, and a gift from above. They have so much personality and spunk that they remind me of that lady I married ;) TTFN.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I was so shocked to see you did a new post! We all enjoyed spending Christmas with you guys, and I have COMPLETE faith in you as a doctor! I mean, I wouldn't let just anyone come at me with liquid nitrogen :o)

Grandma Arnold said...

You and Michelle are GREAT together!!