Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

So, it snowed last night and today. Not a lot of snow, but enough to coat the ground a little, so YAY, the snow made it here just before December. This was a holly bush just outside the Church building. I was walking past it after Church and saw that it had all the christmas colors and it seemed to capture the season appropriately. Unfortunately, I only had my camera phone with me so the picture's not the clearest nor the greatest quality (I'm a perfectionist, remember) but I still think it does the scene some justice.

In the spirit of Mary's latest post, I will tell my Black Friday story: I did participate...online at least. Last year I went all out. I went to www.blackfriday.info (there's many other websites as well, just google 'black friday') which has all the deals in one location and with a keyword search option for the item you're seeking and price comparisons...very helpful. I made my list, mapped my route according to which store opened at which time, which items were high priority in terms of selling out the quickest. It was VERY fruitful. I hit five different stores and got everything on my list. I'm telling you, it was quite the prep work. I rehearsed my plan of attack for driving and parking, and I knew my strategy cold. I even held an after-action review with Michelle when I was done. I started at 4am and was done with shopping and home by 7:30am. This year, I decided that I only needed one thing at Radioshack and was planning on getting there right when it opened. But, I was checking online to verify opening time, the item, and location and saw that those deals were already available on their website that night. So, I got to have my cake, and eat it too. I got the deal and got to sleep-in. I'm gonna try to do Black Friday online from now on--WAY EASIER.

1 comment:

Mary said...

There was only one deal that day that I was really looking forward to, and I was able to snag it online anyways! And I agree that the prep work, even for the online shopping, is a must!!!