Saturday, September 6, 2008

Just Took the Plunge!


I just signed up for a 10K race (6.25mi) on Sept 20! It's the 12th Annual Riverside Riverfest Levee Run. Scary, I know. I don't quite know what I've just gotten myself into, but it's exciting. I ran a 5K (3.1mi) my senior year of college (2004). I haven't entered a running event like it since. I get into running off and on. I really like running and I would be more consistent with it, but I allow my schedule to get the better of me and it edges out the time for running. Just today, I was thinking that I would like to get entered into another running event-- something more than I did last time but within reason. I found a cool website that tracks all local and national running events (www.runningintheusa.com) and my eye caught onto this event. Then I thought, that's way too soon, I just won't have enough time to train for it, and I began to talk myself out of it. But I thought, there's never going to be a super-convenient time, I just have to set my mind to it and go for it. I ran an 8mi stint for PT one morning for ROTC during my junior year of college, so mentally I know I can run that far. I am by no means nearly as aerobically fit as I was in college so I won't be setting any records or winning any trophies or prizes, but my goal is to finish it no matter how slow. Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Go Miguel!!! I know you can do it!

Mike said...

Thanks. I can use all the support I can get :)

Mary said...

thanks for blog stalking me...I feel so less loserish now :-)