Friday, October 31, 2008

My Friday Outing in San Antonio


So, I decided since it was my last day in San Antonio before flying back to KC, I needed to get out and paint the town red (okay, maybe it was more of a pink-fuscia, urgh those paint stores never get it quite right, but I digress). So, I went to a cool place called the Rivercenter Mall. It was very scenic. Half the shops were within a indoor mall atmosphere and the other half were outside along the riverfront. The mall area was connected to a 1+ mile riverwalk that followed both sides fo the river and included numerous river tourboats. There were various restaurants alongside the river as well-- very scenic and splendid.

Here's me admiring the inside architecture of the mall through photography. I thought it was awesome how they built natural lighting into the roof, and how the steel rafters give it that nice geometric look.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow...awesome pictures. That would be fun to see.

Mary said...

I love it when they take the time to incorporate live plants into the designs...it really makes the areas more inviting.